Saturday, May 21, 2011

Days 6 & 7: a recap



Parabolic Oven

Solar Oven

Mud Master Jessi!

Repairing the mud bench

Band from the local cultural event


Mulching the Garden and a side view of the covered garden
In spirit of Shabbat, I've decided to post pictures summarizing my first week here at Lotan, from my first day up till my garden days. Shabbat is a time of reflection and rest, which I am gladly taking part in.
It's very rewarding working all day because you start to appreciate life's necessities - water, food, sleep, and people - more. I slept 10 hours straight last night, and probably could have slept longer if I didn't wake up to my stomach growling.
Tomorrow is the start to another week of working, learning, and living. And as necessary and relaxing as this Shabbat has been, I'm ready to get my hands dirty again :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Great job Jessi! I love you- Ima

    ReplyDelete